Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My own reasons for buying local

Remember this...?  (I bought it at urbancraftuprising)


Well, I'm almost out.  It is wonderful stuff.  It took me awhile to get used to pouring out the liquid (without making a mess), but I think I finally got used to it. 

Why do I like it so much?  Well...
#1.  It works just as well as other dryer sheets.  I'm not sure how it could work better. 
The thing is, I've used Bounce for years...probably since college days.  The other day, I was doing laundry with my eyes barely open and decided to use Bounce instead of my liquid stuff.  I pulled the Bounce down off the shelf, opened up the box, and was almost bowled over by the smell of it.  It smells super strong, and weirdly, super chemically. 
#2.  My liquid stuff does not smell like chemicals.

So, I decided to order some more.  While I was paying for shipping, I included some unscented laundry soap.  I haven't had a chance to use that yet as my Tide is still 1/4 full.  Believe me though, I'm excited.

Never have I been so excited to open my package of laundry soap:


In it was a thank-you card.  A thank you card!!!!!!  What?!?!  Can you imagine buying a box of Cheerios and having a hand-written card inside?  Umm...no.  Never. 


I got a free snack bag just for ordering.  How cool is that?


Here's a picture of my laundry soap.  They don't have the same scented soap as my dryer sheet system so I went with unscented.


Anyways, if you want a thank-you card just for buying soap, go to pepperjackhome.com

No, I didn't receive any compensation for writing this.  I'm just an impressed consumer.

As a side note, I came home one day to my plants from my plant stand on the floor and Atticus looking guilty in the corner.  Nothing a little vacuum and paper towels couldn't fix.  I found a broken stem to my angel wing plant on the floor and decided to put it in water to see what would happen....


Another week or two and I'll plant it!!! 

Nine-tenths of the people were created so you would want to be with the other tenth.
~ Horace Walpole

No comments:

Post a Comment