Friday, November 4, 2011

Another day, another vet bill

I will spare you most of the gory details of what is wrong with Atticus, but lets just say it involved him waking me up once an hour or so when I was trying to sleep and ended up with my poor dog pooping blood and an emergency trip to the vet.

3 hours, a chunk of paycheck, 3 medications, and a liberal dose of stress later, we are finally home.

Diagnosis:  dog colitis.  Or some sort of eating-raw-salmon-disease that I can't remember the name of.  The vet found out Atticus eats random things he finds on the ground outside and couldn't figure out which one it was without more testing.  Which I vetoed.  Dog mom of the year? Not this year. 

On the good news channel it only took 20 minutes for me to convince Atticus to eat 3 pills covered with cream cheese.  Now I get to do that twice a day for the next 2 weeks. 

On the other good news front I got approved for my rental house.  Yay!  Nothing like trying to drum up some excitement in the vets office while I'm anxiously sitting in the waiting room for them to stop poking my dog with needles etc. 

I'm pretty much tired enough I want to cry.  Instead of indulging myself, I get to take a shower and go to work for a 12 hour shift. 

Atticus seems to be okay with that as he is currently snoring on the couch.

What a life!

My new pet pharamcy
A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of. ~ Ogden Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment