Friday, November 25, 2011

The day after thanks

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Mine was indeed fabulous, thanks for asking.  I went to a friend's house who does an annual "orphan Thanksgiving" and had a marvelous time.  I really needed to recharge my social batteries with conversation that did not revolve around training or work related things. 

After dinner I went to work and was forced to do overtime.  During the 4 hours before I was relieved I dispatched and kept track of over 30 collisions.  It was beyond crazy.  Its wintertime, people...watch out for black ice!!! 

Of course, as I was driving home, I was the jerk going 10 miles under the speed limit because I didn't want to join the legions who were sitting in the ditch.  I'm sure people had some choice words about me, but I'm okay with that...I got home safely.

I do have some last minute things to shop for due to my move (like my stove light that just went out - convenient!), but I think I'm going to wait til tomorrow.  Tonight is a packing night, then a 12 hour shift, then I'm going to do a walk through and get the keys tomorrow...then sleep...then finish the rest of the packing...then move Sunday morning at 9am!!!  Whew!

I told a friend yesterday that I have a strict budget of my time already laid out from then until next Wednesday evening the 30th and if anything happened I hadn't budgeted for it would throw a major kink in the works.  Well, I already had to work overtime this morning, which threw off my sleep schedule because now I'm up and have a feeling I'm going to be punchy from lack of sleep for the rest of the night.

Two more weeks til I'm on vacation.  I tell you, that time cannot come soon enough. 

Thanksgiving feast.  Grace moved when I tried to take her picture

The dessert I couldn't wait to eat...
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
~ George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment