My day...in pictures...
 |
| My friend Jayme came over and hung out with me and Atticus while the movers did their thing. I bought her washer/dryer and her microwave as well. |
 |
| Leaning tower of boxes before. |
 |
| And after. It was pouring outside during the move so there is currently leaves all over the carpet. |
 |
| New place...Atticus supervising the movers. |
 |
| He was so excited it was hard for him to sit still all day. |
 |
| He approves of the large empty room. (Bedroom 2) |
 |
| A sunroom add-on to the house, which is a perfect place to dry off Atticus before he comes inside. One of these days I'll show you all the cool details - it has indoor flower boxes that vent to the outside, and old fashioned vents at the top of the walls. |
 |
| New place...living room. Apparently I can't take a straight picture. This doesn't even show you how huge it is....all my furniture is still willy nilly. |
 |
| Other side of the living room. The fireplace is propane...I need to fill the tank. |
 |
| Apartment kitchen. Notice the lack of counter space. |
 |
| House kitchen. The set up is weird (refrigerator gets in the way of the cabinets and the stove is stand-alone), but look at the counterspace!!!! 10 feet of counters!!! What you can't see is I'm standing in an eat-in area. I need to buy a table. |
 |
| My "new" washer/dryer. At the end of the kitchen. I need to try them out to make sure they work/no leaks in the plumbing, then I'll stack them. Pantry door on the right. Door leading to the hallway straight on. |
 |
| The coolest part of the kitchen. This is a nook in the back of the fireplace. Before the fireplace had the gas insert, it was woodburning....And this was the nook to put bread you wanted to raise, because the fireplace would of course make this nook nice and toasty. |
 |
| Oh yeah...and old red counters. I'm in love. |
So, thats a quick look at moving day!
If anyone wants a recommendation for movers in Kitsap County, I'll give you the name of my guys. They were AWESOME. Even more awesome was the one guy noticed I had put "coffee pot" on the box holding my coffee pot and put it on the kitchen counter for me. I didn't have to search for it.
This house has a ton of quirks and random things that are weird (like no room for the refrigerator and the fact that I need 3 different keys to get into the house), but its still awesome and I can barely contain my excitement.
Right now Atticus and I are just chilling in the 3am quietness of the neighborhood, drinking coffee, lounging around, and just enjoying the pre-day peace. When 7am rolls around I'll be out the door, off to home depot (I need a needle-nose pliers to get some of the anchors out of the walls of my apartment. Darn me for knowing how to hang a shelf properly), and I will spend the day scrubbing and spackling and cleaning. My goal is to have the apartment sparkling so I can rid myself of it tomorrow.
Hope you all are doing well this Monday after Thanksgiving. Back to work!!!
Pleasure is spread through the earth
In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find.
~ William Wordsworth
You're gonna love it and have so much fun fixing things up!!!!! Looks great!!!! for both of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Congrats! Look forward to seeing more pics!
ReplyDelete