Monday, August 13, 2012

A mostly fruit and vegetable dump...

...photo dump I mean...


I'm a horrible person and bought myself a present from anthropologie.  This ceramic strawberry basket.  Looks good with lemons, right???  Mom - they also come in yellow!

A handful of carrots from my garden - I picked them for a potluck at work where I brought the vegetable tray. 
 
First night of the firepit.  This picture makes me laugh.  Jayme was guarding the vegetables. 
 
Went to a u-pick farm today.  Ran out of time.  This is a field of blueberry bushes.


Our loot - blueberries, boysenberries, and blackberries.  We ran out of time to pick raspberries.
 
My firepit food tonight.  Not that you want to see it.  But I figured out how to not char my chicken.  And I did a foil wrap for the potatoes (including some chives from my garden!) and for the brussel sprouts.  Worked out really well.

I'm tired.  Spent a couple hours in the sun today picking fruit.  Walked around a hippie grocery store in Sequim (near the fruit place)....bought some other produce including okra and some corn.  I was going to try my hand at that tonight but I was too tired to look up a recipe.  Maybe tomorrow.

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."
~ Kurt Vonnegut

1 comment:

  1. All that food looks great. I'm jealous you can still pick raspberries up there!

    ReplyDelete