Thursday, August 30, 2012

Farm fresh goodness

Struck gold at the farmers market today:

Isn't it beautiful?

From my CSA:  green onions, yellow zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, some sort of squash I forget the name of, parsley, elephant garlic, radishes, cabbage, eggs, and a lemon cucumber. 

From elsewhere in the market: carrots, dill (why have I not planted dill yet?  It has the best smell ever!), peaches, and plumots.  I think thats how you spell it - its a cross between a plum and an apricot. 

I'm actually excited to cook.  Add the above to my cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and nectarines I bought yesterday, I have a wonderful bounty for the next week or so. 


Oh yeah, and I had to cut a bunch of mint because it was growing out of hand. 

Wonderful!

The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
~ Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment