Sunday, August 12, 2012

If only every day could be like today...

I finally planted my lavender.  If you only knew how long it took me to hand-till this section and plant everything.  5 hours.  Ridiculous.  The soil was littered with a ton of well-rooted weeds and other unrecognizable plants.  The soil is also so rocky I started pulling out the decent sized rocks.  And decided to make them into borders.  If the plants don't die immediately I might actually spend some money and put down some mulch.  We'll see. 

I stll have all these rocks left.  I'd have more but I got tired of pulling them out of the soil. 

This is a good representation what I started with.  And what I will be getting to another day.  Grass didn't work as weed-killers in this area so I think I'll spray vinegar and just kill off everything and leave it as dirt for the rest of the summer. 

Atticus wisely basked in the shade for a good part of the day.  What a guy. 
Fired up the firepit again.  Ate the rest of my potatoes and brussel sprouts, then decided to go for a grilled banana with chocolate and peanut butter.  I won't lie....it was AMAZING.  I got the idea here. 

Even Atticus liked it.  Yes, I'm a bad dog mother.  In my defense, its vegan chocolate.  I don't know if that makes a difference for dogs or not. 
So yes, my first day of vacation was vastly productive.  Awesome.

To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
~ Audrey Hepburn

1 comment:

  1. So glad that dog has a back yard to enjoy!!!!! He is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete