Friday, August 17, 2012

Super duper vacation

I'm getting the hang of this vacation thing.  I'd love to NEVER go back to work at this point.

I leave in 7 hours for the airport.  Haven't packed yet, but I'm pretty much on target for my plans for the day. 

Just got waylaid by a bunch of female Jehovah's witnesses.  They're sneaky...didn't even see it coming. 

Finished baking a batch of biscuits for Atticus to take to the kennel.  Getting sad I need to drop him off soon...we've been like peas and carrots this past week.  Its been nice to just chill at home with him.  I can't pack my suitcase with him here though, he gets really anxious and clingy.  He already started to whine a little when I packed up his food for the kennel.  He knows what dog food in sandwich bags means by now.

My birthday was actually pretty awesome.  I shouldn't have doubted it.  Finished the Birthday Project - 33 random acts of kindness.  They included making cards for the Selflessness Project, bringing ice cream to my coworkers, giving the mailman a giftcard, taking clothes to Goodwill, volunteering at the foodbank (Jayme and I bagged 100 bags of food in an hour!), and handing out flowers to people outside of Target, to name a few things.  It was actually pretty neat, and Jayme was excited about it as well.  She wants to do the Birthday Project for her birthday in September.  I already volunteered to help. :)

Man, I'm still annoyed by the Jehovah's witnesses.  Well, not them, they were fine.  Just by the fact that I didn't realize who they were right away and got sucked into a conversation. 

Here's some new and old pictures....

My contribution to the Selflessness Project.

Friends treated me to dinner and dessert last night.  MMM...Snakebites. 

Jayme got Atticus a new toy.  He loves it. 

Investigating a brand new bag of dog food. 

An exciting goodwill find.

Got stuck at a drawbridge opening the other day.  I still find it odd to get out of your car in the middle of the highway, even though traffic is stopped and can't get through. 

You can't see it, but there's a bear in there.  Sometimes the wildlife agents will bring by animals for us to see or hold.  No, this was not a bear to hold. 

The fallen officers memorial at the Academy.  Tony's name is on the right, left column, very bottom. 

I volunteered at the Trooper Tony memorial run at the Academy.  Kinda fun. 

Not something you see every day at work.  They were fixing and replacing satellites on the radio tower. 

This guy makes me laugh every time I see him.  A goodwill find, I think the succulent I planted makes it look like he has hair. 

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.
~ Seth Godin

No comments:

Post a Comment