Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Photos of a well-packed vacation

PENNSYLVANIA

Landed to pouring rain in Philly.

A night with the Amish.

Oh, small-town Pennsylvania.

One of my favorite places to shop - market.

Enough to inspire one to cook.

Or to use soap.

A summer-must.

Homemade applesauce.

The only non-face kid photo I have.  Celebrated birthdays with home-made gifts.

Drank my mom's smoothies.

Voted for my niece's art.

Played Scrabble.
One of the funniest things ever.  First day of school - notice the placement of the fathers and mothers.
 MASSACHUSETTS
Local bar - Capones.

Mini road-trip

A cute little touristy town.

Where we walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere.

We drank beers in Maine.

What I had.  Partly because the name made me laugh.

Visited Boston with an old college friend.

The first church of Christian Science.
The oldest firestation in Boston.

Haha...the only thing that would make him look more like a tourist would be a map in hand.

I really enjoyed Boston Public Library.  It inspires.

We're cuter in this one.

Watched a cliff-diving competition.  Amazing.

My brother, the preacher.

We went to our own cliff-jumping the next day. 

My brother.  Typical.


More local beer.

Boston Museum of Fine Arts.  Mummified dog & cat.  I found the ancient Egypt art the most fascinating.

A breakdown of the coffins of Nesmutaatneru - in the foreground is the mummy, then the Cartonnage coffin ( made of wood), the inner coffin (also made of wood), then the outermost coffin.  Awesome.

Beautiful cartonnage case containing the mummy of Tabes.

A suspension hook used by the people of Papua New Guinea. 
Finally got my luggage back at 1:15 this morning.  Its a long story of plane delays and general incompetence. 

I just noticed the Jehovah's witnesses are back in the neighborhood.  I should probably move away from the window now....

Live,
travel,
adventure,
bless,
and don't be sorry.
~ Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment