Pictures from my long weekend and before...
 |
| Meet Kristen. |
 |
| It was her bachelorette party weekend. |
 |
| She wanted to go camping in Ellensberg. I came a day late because I had to work, but luckily got to join in the funnest actvity ever - floating down the river. We all hooked our tubes up and spent 3 hours floating the Yakima River. |
 |
| I am super awesome. |
 |
| Some views from the middle of the river... |
 |
| Ahh yes...and a fire I built. One thing I feel I can do successfully. |
 |
| Got back from camping Friday. Saturday we volunteered as zombies in a fun run - called, appropriately, "Run for your Lives!". |
 |
| We're slightly attractive zombies. Kristen is on the very right. We like to do fun runs together. Her sister-in-law Corrie is in the middle. She's pretty neat - I admire anyone who roller derbies. |
 |
| The grossest wall ever. Getting fake blood pitched at you. |
 |
| Kristen and I are pretty convincing. |
 |
| The wrench in my weekend....I ran over a nasty rock on my way back from Ellensberg Friday. Saturday afternoon after I arrived at Kristen's, my tire finally decided to go flat. Thus entailed a long drawn out ordeal of AAA, tow companies, spare tires, etc. What a pain. This is a poor picture, but it shows my vehicle being loaded on a tow truck. My tire and car are all better now, thanks for asking. |
 |
| An easy version of jelly. I loosely used this recipe. And I mean LOOSELY. Basically I threw a bunch of almost expired fruit into the crockpot - it included raspberries, cherries (pitted), and blueberries. Then I threw in some sugar (I didn't even measure), and some lemon juice (I didn't measure that either). A couple of hours on high, then a quick circuit through the food processor. |
 |
| It doesn't have the same consistency as jelly (obviously, because there's no gelatin in it), but it is DELICIOUS. Its easy to spread, which makes my morning toast all the more exciting. Did I mention it's delicious? |
 |
| And I finally have my FIREPIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully gonna test it out this week! Thank heavens for friends with chainsaws. |
 |
| The last resident here left a hummingbird feeder hanging off the front eaves. I noticed this morning a hummingbird going for it. I had no idea there were hummingbirds here. I whipped up some hummingbird food and put out the feeder again. |
 |
| Ahh yes...I started having to mark my canning jars with sharpie paint markers. Lest I mix up the hummingbird food and the simple syrup. Same concept, different amounts of sugar. |
It is HOT here. I only managed to mow the front yard before I gave up due to the heat. So then I washed my car. No pictures of that. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to get started a lot earlier and get more done outside. I had planned to plant my lavender this weekend as well.
I picked up an overtime shift tomorrow night - otherwise I'd still be rocking my long weekend.
Oh well....pretty soon time to shower off the dirt and sweat of the day and watch another couple episodes of Hulu. One more week of work before my vacation!
Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.
~ Walt Whitman
WOW!!!!!! So much to comment on . . .
ReplyDelete