Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My life

Zucchinis and Atticus - my life at the moment....

From the garden straight to the kitchen and into the frying pan!!!  I might be a little biased when I say this, but I'm pretty sure the fritters I made with this are the best ones ever. 

I'm on 8 hour shifts this week....I can't believe how much you can get done with 2 extra hours...
- worked for 90 minutes outside.  Cleared most of a flowerbed on the side of the house.  Raked up an insane amount of rocks from the soil.  I should be ready to plant lavender the next time I work outside (although mowing the back yard is the priority - the weeds are almost up to my knees.  Luckily all the grass is dead).  I uncovered a mystery of #1 who was making holes in the piles of grass I had in the flowerbed (I was naturally killing weeds by suffocating them), and #2 what Atticus found so fascinating in the side yard....  apparently he's been hiding his chew toys in the piles of grass.  Funny dog.

- Went to the gym for an hour. 

- Wandered around internet world looking for a new recipe.  Decided not to use anything I found and instead fell back on an old favorite

- Cooked up two batches of fritters and a batch of cookies for dayshift tomorrow - we're having a mini-potluck.

- Cleaned up the kitchen, set up the coffee pot, played with Atticus a little, took a shower, etc etc etc. 

I feel so accomplished.  Now its time for some sleep.  I haven't been getting nearly enough of that this week.

She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there, leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.
~ JD Salinger

No comments:

Post a Comment