Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nerves

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but my work is sending me to California for a week-long conference.  Its a long story how I got picked.  But either way...I GOT PICKED! 

Here's the link to the place I'm going if you want to look at it.

Oh yes, I'm leaving this moning.  I'm full of nerves.  New place, new things, etc.  My anxiety is overwhelming me.  I'm looking forward to going, but I have to get there first. 

Took Atticus to the kennel yesterday.  Its been a long 12 hours without him underfoot - even thought I was sleeping for half of that. 

Its good that I'm going - its a wonderful opportunity.  And I know by my overwhelming anxiety that I have been in my comfort zone for too long.  Gotta knock myself out of it.

It doesn't help that I'm on the brink of something else, personal life wise.  I have to put that on hold for a week, and when I come back, hope that its still there.  Maybe that will be the answer I've been looking for regarding this.  I just worry what the answer is going to be.


There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anaïs Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment