Sunday, June 24, 2012

The weekend so far...


Road trip first stop - Fat Smittys. Its a local burger place. 


Its a tradition at Fat Smittys to tack up a dollar on any available surface.  No, I didn't.  They will occasionally take down the money and donate it.  Last haul was over $10000.


MMMM...half a Fat Smittys burger.  We split one.



Next stop...Forks, WA!  We stayed at this awesome little bed and breakfast.  I didn't know til after we got there that its the Cullen House on the Twilight Tour.  If you have no idea what that means, don't worry about it.  If you do, just realize we encountered way too much twilight memorbilia.


A map of the world with all the B&B's visitors.


Same thing, only a map of the states.


Next up...we hiked down to second beach in LaPush.



I used to think Washington had the most depressing beaches in the world.  I mean, I grew up with beautiful sandy east-coast beaches.  I now think WA beaches have their own beauty.


Part of the hike.  Since we go down a mountain, someone a long time ago thoughtfully made a trail.


Next up...  the beginning of the hike into Cape Flattery.


View from the very northwest point of the continental USA.  Beautiful.


Erin and I happy to have another goal crossed off the list.



Michelle's wedding:  my girl gang.  Erin, Jayme, Michelle, and myself.



Jayme and I were passing time by instagramming. 



Just call us "legs".



Ahh...and today.  Making roasted vegetables for lunches this week. 


I took a deep breath
And listened
To the old bray
of my heart.
I am.  I am.  I am.
~ Sylvia Plath

1 comment: