Thursday, June 21, 2012

A white blank page

It's been awhile since I've written too much of anything on here.  I guess it's been awhile since I've had anything really to say.

Life has been good and stressful and sad and hopeful and so many other things all rolled into one. 

If I could compare life to my Pandora stations, the past couple months were my Pitbull/Lil' Wayne mix: fast paced and busy.   

Recently I've changed that station to Band of Horses/Mumford and Sons:  slow paced, sweet, and more thoughtful.

What does that mean for me without all the analogies?  I have two very good friends leaving in a month.  I'm trying to spend as much time with them, as they are also trying to get their last Washington experiences.  But instead of a frenetic pace, we seem to be taking it slow - one day and experience at a time.  Giving us all time to breathe and enjoy each other's company, and cherish the rest of our time together.  Cheesy?  Yes.  Oh well. 

Later today (after dropping Atticus off at a kennel for the 3rd time this month), my friend Erin and I are going to take a road trip to Forks.  We have absolutely no plans except to enjoy our time and find cool things to do.  We come back tomorrow (Friday), and then Erin, Jayme, and I will be watching our other friend Michelle get married on Saturday.  Its going to be a full weekend, but hopefully relaxing as well. 

The next several weeks have a wine tastings, fancy dinners, museums, festivals, and barbecues in the works. 

I no longer have a trainee at work.  So its actually been nice - to work the radio, socialize with my peers, and get stuff done.  I have new projects in the works, and I'm trying to work AHEAD of time, instead of constantly trying to catch up.  I learned a lot of new things at the conference, and I hope to use that knowledge instead of hoarding it.

The following is one of my recent favorite songs for your enjoyment.  Lyrics helpfully included, although no - don't read anything into them.  I just think the song is pretty. 


I'm trying not to be sad my friends are leaving.  Erin is actually going to Philadelphia (mom, I told her she could visit you any time she wants) :), so I know I'll see her again.  Jenni is off to North Carolina.  I'm happy that they're following their dreams and fulfilling goals, I just know life will be different here. 

In other news, my garden is growing!

Yay!
I'm still cooking.  What feels like all the time.  Always looking for the next recipe and idea.  Trying to be less clinical with recipes and learn to substitute and experiment.  I didn't take any pictures of the feast I made for this week's lunches:  roasted veggies, twiced baked sweet potatoes, more edamame dip, and rhubarb mint applesauce.  The rhubarb mint applesauce was my own creation, and I got to use rhubarb from my CSA and mint from my garden.  Pretty good.

So I guess thats about it for now.  Just know I'm trying to pack my life with experiences and memories and happy and struggling all at the same time.  I guess we all are, maybe. 

I have three weeks of vacation coming up in August that I'm also trying to fill.  I'm hoping to catch up with old friends and do some travelling.  Onward and upward!

Atticus dreaming in the sun on a freshly mowed yard.

And if your strife strikes at your sleep
Remember spring swaps snow for leaves
You'll be happy and wholesome again
When the city clears and sun ascends
~ Mumford and sons

No comments:

Post a Comment