 |
| I started putting stuff on the walls. To make the house seem less temporary. |
 |
| Last weekend I hosted a "make your own mojito" party. Awesome. We got to use a lot of fresh mint from my garden, and I am now proficient at making a pretty mean mojito. |
 |
| We ate food too. Made possible by my new dining room table. Have I mentioned yet my old neighbor gave me her dining room table and chairs? Makes the house seem more grownup and less bachelor-padish. |
 |
| Last week a couple of us cashed in a Groupon for a wine & chocolate tasting in Hoodsport. Very backwoods. This was the setup in their backroom. An interesting experience. |
 |
| I was turning my african violets around the other day and saw these. |
 |
| And these! Never saw white flowers before. |
 |
| This is Erin and Jenni - two friends who are leaving this month. We celebrated together by going to Canlis, a super swanky restaurant in Seattle. There's actually a dress code. |
 |
| The meal was three hours long, and included a lot of fun stuff - like this cold strawberry soup. |
 |
| We spared no expense, and even ordered a souffle at the end. The wait staff asked us questions to get to know us, and had the chef put Congratulations on our dessert. Overall, a really cool and unique experience, but its definately something I don't need to do all the time. I enjoy jeans. And tshirts. And hamburgers. |
 |
| This week I celebrated 4th of July with one of the few coworkers I like and trust. It was a nice home-town type of barbecue, with fireworks after dark being set off all over the neighborhood. A really nice time. |
 |
| My garden is growing!!!!!! |
 |
| But something ate my first zucchini. I will have to research and then kill. Haha...no...I will try to do my best to naturally repel the stinker that is going after my food. |
 |
| Seattle Art Museum last night. Here are some highlights... |
 |
| Aboriginal art.... |
 |
| Afterwards we went to an Irish pub place. This is Guinness stew. Delicious. |
 |
| Ferry ride back in the sunset. |
 |
| I think FINALLY it might be summer here. It only took til July 5th. 70-80 degree weather is predicted all week. I'm excited for this weather. So is Atticus - he likes to roam outside as much as possible. In this weather I leave both backdoors open so he can come and go as he pleases. This was my view a couple of minutes ago. He comes to the door, checks on me, and then leaves again. :) |
What else.....
I signed up for a charity ride in September.
Click here if you would like to donate.
I'm signed up to go paddle boarding tonight. It will be my first time, so I'm super excited.
Tomorrow I plan on going to the Urban Craft Uprising in Seattle, then I have a picnic at a friend's house in Olympia. Sunday I might hang out with my board-gamers group. I haven't decided. I'm in the midst of a 4 day weekend and every day has been jam-packed. I might spend the day just chilling out at home.
Next Thursday I signed up to sky-dive. Just to cross it off my list of life experiences. :)
I'm trying to sign up for two more fun-runs (Hell Run, which I did last year, and Foam Run). I don't know if they'll work out yet.
I think thats about it for now. I'm staying busy, and trying to do new things and step out of my comfort zone.
Now that I've spent 2 hours on the internet, drinking coffee, looking at pinterest, and posting on here, I should get dressed and get outside. Its beautiful, and my yard needs mowed!
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend.
"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dream of meeting your heart's longing."
~ Oriah
No comments:
Post a Comment