Sunday, July 22, 2012

The angry sea

Went paddle boarding with Jayme tonight.  The weather has been crazy all day - sunny, cloudy, drizzly, sunny, etc.  Hot one minute and chilly the next.  We took our chances and headed north to Kingston.

It was extremely windy on the water, and the water was choppy.  You couldn't stop paddling for a second because the wind pushed you back out into open water.  It was kind of scary at times, I thought I was going to hit a sailboat once. 

But, we both eventually learned to control the boards better, and basically battled the wind and rough chop for 45 minutes trying to get back to the dock - the wind had pushed us out a lot farther than we wanted to be.

Although it was a great adventure, I would probably not go out again in those weather conditions.  I like calm seas.  I don't need the sun, but I really need the calm.

Don't tell Jayme I put this up....she didn't know I was taking her picture.  Those are our SUPs (Stand Up Paddleboards) in the background.
I worked so hard at paddling today I'm tired and sore.  And we weren't even out for that long.  The tiredness could also be my 2am wake-up and full day at work.  Hmmm. 

Our reward afterwards.  According to Jayme this pizza is being sold in a whole foods store so it must be healthy, right?  Ignore the grease piling up on top. 

2am is going to come way too early in the morning again. 

You must do the thing which you think you cannot.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment