Sunday, July 29, 2012

My bike

Finally bought a bike yesterday! 


More importantly, I remember how to still ride a bike!!!

I look like a wobbly foal....I was trying to convince myself to put my feet on the pedals. 
 Think about it this way...the last time I rode a bike it didn't come with gears...

Success!! You can see Jayme in the background looking out for cars for me.
...and you braked by pedaling backwards.  Yes, its been that long.  And apparently yes, the adage is true - it is just like riding a bicycle.

I really wanted a helmet like this one.  Unfortunately there's no ventilation.  I got one that makes me look like a mushroom.

Now I just gotta learn the purpose of having gears. Oi.  Maybe that's why I live on a dead-end road.  Practice!

This is why I bought a bike, in case you missed it the first time.

Back to work this morning.  Double Oi.

If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives.
~ Lemony Snicket

No comments:

Post a Comment