Thursday, July 21, 2011

Alicia and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad....

I had a crappy night.  5 minutes into my shift I put a caller on hold who wanted to tell me a 15 minute story involving a complaint about something extremely ridiculous, which spiraled into him hanging up and calling back wanting to complain about me.  ME.  Argh.  I think I pacified him, but there's no telling.  So I had a pit in my stomach most of the night about how I should have dealt with the caller better etc.  Then, when on the internet, I went to type in an intranet site but accidentally put ".com" at the end - which took me to an internet site, which sent up an internal flag that went to my company's computer geeks.  After realizing my mistake I quickly X'd out of the site and went to the right one, but I got a call 3 hours later saying my computer was flagged and did I go to so and so site, because it accessed a European website, and they just wanted to figure out if it was me or a bug....

Just stupid stuff, but it had me in a tither.  This was while I was trying to set up an interesting agenda for a leadership meeting that I'm running (!!), and my creativity was zapped.  The agenda was due this morning.  I got it done, but I'm still questioning myself. 

I did fess up to my supervisor this morning all the stupid stuff I did last night and his reaction was that it wasn't a big deal but I did right by telling him.  So I do feel a little better.

So, I came home...chilled with Atticus for a little, now I'm drinking some breakfast wine (raspberry...its okay) and blogging before I fall asleep. 

I got my proofs back for the Warrior Dash - they're not as bad as I thought.  (A company takes photos of everyone and then sells them for overly inflated prices).  I might order one overly pricey picture of me jumping over fire or slogging through mud.  We'll see. 

I'll leave you with another couple of pictures that make me smile...my Christmas present from my dad.  (Thanks, Dad!!!!)

Part 1
Part 2

















Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling? ~ M.C. Escher

No comments:

Post a Comment